There are many different types of psychic abilities that people can have. Some common ones include telekinesis, clairvoyance, and precognition. But there are many other abilities out there as well!
Some people can communicate with the dead, some can read minds, and some can even move objects with their thoughts! It seems like there are endless possibilities when it comes to psychic abilities.
And the best part is that anyone can develop these abilities – you don’t have to be born with them. With a little bit of practice, anyone can start to unlock their psychic potential.
(In addition, you can chat with a psychic for free and get some targeted advice…)
So what are you waiting for? Start exploring your psychic abilities today!
Psychic abilities come in many different forms. Some people are born with psychic abilities, while others develop them later in life. Here are some of the most commonly reported types of psychic abilities:
- Astral projection or mental projection – The ability to voluntarily project an astral body or mental body, being associated with the out-of-body experience, in which one’s consciousness is felt to temporarily separate from the physical body.
- Automatic writing is a type of psychic ability in which the writer’s hand is taken over by a spirit guide or other entity, who then communicates through the writer.
- Bilocation — The ability to be in two places at the same time.
- Clairaudience: This is the ability to hear things that are not physically present. This can include hearing voices or sounds from other dimensions, or receiving messages from spirit guides.
- Clairsentience: This is the ability to feel things that are not physically present. This can include feeling the emotions of others, or sensing the energy of a place.
- Clairvoyance: This is the ability to see things that are not physically present. This can include seeing future events, or getting impressions about people or places.
- Dermo-optical perception – The ability to see images forming on the skin.
- Divination – The ability to gain insight into a question or situation by way of an occultic, standardized process or ritual.Dowsing – The ability to find hidden objects by using a divining rod, pendulum, or other tools.Kinesis – The ability to move objects with the mind.
- Dowsing – The ability to find hidden objects by using a divining rod, pendulum, or other tool.
- Dream telepathy – The ability to communicate with others through dreams.
- Electrokinesis – The ability to control, create or manipulate electricity with the mind.
- Empathy – The ability to understand and share the feelings of another person or creature.Extra-sensory perception (ESP) – The ability to
- Energy medicine – The ability to heal oneself or others by channeling psychic energy.ESP (extrasensory perception) – The ability to perceive information beyond the normal senses
- Ergokinesis – The ability to control, create or manipulate energy with the mind.
- Firestarting – The ability to start a fire without the use of matches or lighter fluid.
- Gastromancy – The ability to communicate with the dead by way of the stomach.
- Hemokinesis – The ability to control, create or manipulate blood with the mind.
- Hydrokinesis – The ability to control, create or manipulate water with the mind.
- Illusionism – The ability to create illusions.
- Invisibility – The ability to render oneself unseen by others.
- Levitation or transvection – – The ability to float or fly without any external means of support.
- Materialization – The ability to make objects appear out of thin air.
- Mediumship: This is the ability to communicate with spirits of the dead. This can be done through channeling, trance mediumship, or automatic writing.
- Memory manipulation – The ability to manipulate the memories of others.
- Mentalism – The ability to read minds or influence the thoughts of others.Precognition – The
- Metamorphosis – The ability to change one’s shape or appearance.
- Molecular immobilization – The ability to stop molecules from moving.
- Necromancy – The ability to communicate with the dead.
- Omnikinesis – The ability to control, create or manipulate anything with the mind.
- Petrification – The ability to turn someone or something to stone.
- Photokinesis – The ability to control, create or manipulate light with the mind.
- Precognition or presentiment – – The ability to see events that will take place in the future.
- Prophecy or fortunetelling is the ability to predict the future.
- Psychic surgery – The ability to remove diseased tissue from a patient’s body without the use of conventional surgery.
- Psychometry: This is the ability to read the energy of objects. This can include understanding the history of an object, or getting information about its owner.
- Pyrokinesis – The ability to control, create or manipulate fire with the mind.
- Pyrokinesis – The ability to create or control fire with the mind.
- Radiokinesis – The ability to control, create or manipulate radio waves with the mind.
- Reanimation – The ability to bring the dead back to life.
- Remote viewing – The ability to see distant objects or events without the use of physical tools.
- Retrocognition or postcognition – – The ability to see events that took place in the past.
- Scrying – The ability to see visions by means of an object such as a crystal ball or mirror.
- Shapeshifting is the ability to change one’s physical form.
- Somatic death – The ability to induce death in another person by touch.
- Soul travel is the ability to leave the body and travel unaided in astral form to other realms.
- Telepathy: This is the ability to communicate with others without using words. This can be done through thoughts, emotions, or images.
- Teleportation or teletransportation – The ability to move instantaneously from one place to another without traversing the physical space between them.
- Thoughtography – The ability to take pictures with the mind.
- Transmutation is the ability to change one element into another.
- Vector manipulation – The ability to control the vectors of objects, including momentum, velocity, and direction.
- Witnessing – The ability to be aware of events taking place at a distant location.
- Xenoglossy – The ability to speak or write in a language that has not been learned by conventional means.
- Zookinesis or animal communication- – The ability to communicate with animals.
Psychic abilities are not limited to these examples. There are many other types of psychic abilities that have been reported.
Supernatural vs Psychic
There is no definitive answer to this question, as it is a matter of opinion.
Some people might say that psychic abilities are those that can be explained through science, while supernatural abilities are those that cannot be explained. Others might say that psychic abilities are those that allow people to communicate with the dead, while supernatural abilities are those that allow people to fly or turn invisible.
Ultimately, it is up to the individual to decide what they believe constitutes a psychic ability and what constitutes a supernatural ability.
There are some supernatural abilities, as well, that may or may not be considered psychic abilities. These include but are not limited to:
- Ability to become invisible
- Ability to Fly
- Ability to walk through walls
- Ability to read minds
- Ability to see the future
- Ability to control the elements
- Ability to turn someone into a frog
- Ability to make someone fall in love
- Ability to shoot fire from your fingers
- Ability to control the weather
- Ability to turn invisible
- Ability to see ghosts
- Ability to speak with the dead
These are just some of the more commonly reported supernatural abilities. It is important to remember that not all abilities have been proven, obviously!
If you think you have a psychic ability, the best way to find out is to consult with a professional psychic or medium. They can help you develop your abilities and use them in a positive way.
Susan is a gifted psychic who has been helping people for over 20 years. She offers readings by phone or in person, and provides her clients with the guidance and support they need to make the best decisions for their lives. Susan’s blog is a great resource for people looking for information on all things psychic, and she is always happy to help her readers learn more about their abilities and find the answers they need.